It is easy! With only 4 ingredients, it is a cinch to throw together. It is cute! These little sandwiches are just adorable. It is tasty! It combines great fall spices with the flavor of pumpkin and cream cheese. Oh. my. yum. It is even a little (teensy tiny) bit healthy! The cakey cookies don't have any oils or butter in them. Just pumpkin and a boxed cake mix.
If you're looking for a recipe to bring to a Halloween party, Thanksgiving meal, or even as a snack for a football game, this is just about the perfect option. They are unique (an original as far as I know) and their bite-sized-ness make them a great, no-mess finger food.
Out of pumpkin pie spice or looking for a better alternative? Check out my pumpkin pie spice mix recipe! Anyway, blah blah blah, right? Fine! Here's what you came for... take my recipe and leave! 😉
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15oz Can Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Can Cream Cheese Icing (of make it from scratch)
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (Recipe here: http://thirty-one10.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-spice-recipe/)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the spice cake mix and pumpkin well, working out all lumps.
- Pipe mixture onto non-stick or greased cookie sheet in half-dollar sized circles, smoothing out the tops of the cookies with a greased spoon (their shape doesn't change much as they bake).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until reasonably firm. Let cool.
- Mix pumpkin pie spice into cream cheese icing.
- Sandwich two cookies with a glob of cream cheese icing mix. Enjoy!