This frozen treat brings together the fall flavors of pumpkin and spices with the rich, creaminess of whipping cream and coconut cream pudding for an irresistible fall treat.
You may have noticed I have been on a pumpkin kick. No really... after posting up my Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix, I introduced my Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Today, I am sharing a frozen fall treat (ironic, huh?)... Pumpkin "Ice Cream" Sandwiches!
The inspiration for this dessert comes from a no-guilt sweet snack that has been floating around our family for a few years now. Fat Free/Sugar Free Cool Whip Sandwiched between two Low Fat Graham Cracker Squares and frozen... a perfect "ice cream" sandwich to curb those sweet tooth moments!
Those are fine and dandy... and yummy, don't get me wrong! But they aren't fall! And I am loving fall! So, add some pumpkin and some fall spices, and you have a cold fall treat (which in Texas is totally legit!). Add a little extra flavor by mixing in some Coconut Cream pudding... and you have an "ice cream" masterpiece!! (DISCLOSURE: My hubby totally made the call about the pudding, and it was genius!)
So here it is, a Tasha-Original...
- 1 Small Carton Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 15oz Can of Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 3.4oz Box of Coconut Cream Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- 1 1/2 - 2 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice (see my recipe: <http://thirty-one10.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-spice-recipe/>)
- 2 Boxes Cinnamon Graham Crackers
- Starting with a frozen bowl, whip your whipping cream with a handheld mixed on High speed.
- While whipping, add sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whip until you get a "whipped cream" consistency. Peaks should form on the top.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pudding mix and COLD milk until well mixed.
- Mix your whipped cream, pudding, and pumpkin together well.
- Break your graham crackers into squares.
- Make sandwiches with your cream/pudding/pumpkin filling. Place on baking sheet or pan.