Recipe Type: Dip
This firehouse salsa is quick, easy, and tasty – perfect for Cinco de Mayo, a small gathering, or a sports watching party!
- 2 14.5 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can of Rotel (we use Rotel original, but you could also use the hot or mild versions)
- 1 Palmful of Cilantro
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos
- 1 Yellow Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Dash of Cumin
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Now, here is how easy this salsa is… dump everything into a blender and turn it on! Blend everything until the desired level of “chunkiness” is acquired.
Some variations that you can try:
- For a mild version, use just one jalapeno and mild Rotel.
- For a chunkier version, drain one or both cans of tomatoes before putting them in the blender.
Chelsea grew up living in many different states with her family but calls herself a Texan since Texas is the place where she feels most at home.After graduating from high school in the DFW metroplex, she moved to Lubbock to attend the accounting program at Texas Tech University.Upon graduation, she moved back to DFW where she started her career.Her and her then boyfriend of 6 years finally tied the knot after he secured his job as a firefighter.Two years of marriage, lots of traveling, and two dogs later, Chelsea gave birth to their first child, a baby boy, in July of 2012.Since then, Chelsea and her husband have been learning about the wonderful, crazy world of being parents.In her free time, Chelsea loves to spend time taking the baby new places, attending festivals and events around the metroplex, playing tennis with her husband, having dinner dates with friends, and spending time with her family and friends near and afar.
Latest posts by Chelsea Thomas (see all)
- Showing Appreciation for the Hero in Your Life - March 11, 2014
- Creamy Avocado Dip: Paleo and Traditional Variations - January 9, 2014
- Simple Cheese Dip Appetizer - December 4, 2013