Every year I get excited about the different Christmas activities in the Dallas area. I make up a mental list of everything I want to hit up before the end of the season. This year is especially exciting for us because my daughter is old enough to enjoy the activities. So what's on our list!?
1. Ride the Grapevine Polar Express - Due to an overextended toddler, this year we didn't get to check this off ourselves but sent a guest contributor in my place since we had already received tickets from the Grapevine Polar Express. My friend is going to start sharing some of her awesome parties with our readers so I figured why not send her to ride the Polar Express in my place. Looks like they had a ton of fun and I'm a bit jealous we didn't get to go. Love how excited her little boy was about getting his card punched and getting his silver bell!
2. Head to Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine - We personally love going to visit Santa at Bass Pro Shops. I love how they hand out cards with a time and the line always seems to go pretty quickly. Plus it's a free photo and you can bring you own camera! We also really enjoyed riding the carousel afterwards.
3. Visit the Galleria Dallas - Shannon from Milk & Cuddles gives the scoop on Christmas at the Galleria Dallas. Love the gorgeous Christmas tree right smack in the middle of the ice rink and this Santa looks legit! Don't think my little can ice skate just yet but when she can we will have to go ice skate around the Christmas tree.
4. Trains at Northpark - Carrie from Carrie Elle shares their experience at the 15th Annual Trains at Northpark. You have to see the State Fair trains, Carrie actually has a great picture of it. It's probably my favorite part. We missed the media preview event due to sickness and am really afraid we won't make this event this year.
5. Chinese Lantern Festival at Fair Park - Betsy from Dallas Socials shares the details of the Chinese Lantern Festival on her blog. This activity goes through the new year so you could do this one right after Christmas also. We may just save this one for when family is in town!
6. Prairie Lights - Get the run down of the Prairie Lights in Grand Prairie from Autumn from Mama Challenge. We are actually hoping to do this activity this week. Put on our jammies, grab some hot cocoa and enjoy the lights! I hear this is a busy one so be ready to wait a bit, but I hear it's totally worth the wait.
7. Christmas in the Square in Frisco - Arena shares the beautiful lights at Christmas in the Square in Frisco on her blog. This one looks like the perfect excuse for a date night! Some Christmas traditions should be done without the kids. Something about the Christmas lights and the Christmas spirit makes for a pretty solid date night.
8. Celebration of Lights at Watters Creek in Allen - Carrie from Carrie Elle has another fun activity that's she's shared, Celebration of Lights at Watters Creek in Allen. They have a light show every half hour in the evenings, carriage rides, and visiting Santa among other things. Be sure to check out her pots for full details.
9. Ice at the Gaylord Texan - This is one of those things I've always wanted to do that we never end up doing and I'm not too sure why. Thankfully Jessica at Suitcases & Sippy Cups has the scoop on the Ice Nutcracker Exhibit at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. Not only is Ice an awesome activity but walking around the Gaylord is enjoyable too!
10. Sparkle at the Hilton Anatole - We are hoping to make it out to Sparkle this week. I can't decide if I would rather make this a date night or a family activity. Staci from 7 On A Shoestring shares how the Hilton Anatole adds Sparkle to your holidays with a list of a attractions and activities. Ice skating outdoors? Sign me up!
Want the scoop on Santa? Arena from The Nerd's Wife wrote a post on the Best Places to Visit Santa in Dallas for photos! I know one of our favorites is Bass Pro, but she's got a list full of other places to find Santa too!